Friday, April 01, 2005

Shyness.. A Common Bloggers' Trait?

Is it reasonable enough for me to say that bloggers are generally more shy in real-life face-to-face interactions than non-bloggers?
If bloggers were to share one common trait from all other traits, I believe it would be shyness. No doubt.


Well, I think I can say that bloggers generally are more shy, at least about my self. Imagine if you would be discussing about your blog posts in real life with the same people in the same way. Would you need a blog then? Ok, maybe you would. Atleast you will not be blogging as much.


It is said that those who don’t do, teach! We can also say that those who don’t do, blog (or write). It is much easier and most comfortable to sit down at home with your laptop and start posting and commenting on other people's blogs. People called: Walladah, Ant-Reason, Jelly Belly, Illa Nabeethi, and many more. While commenting we seem so cool (I think) and so outgoing. Now let's imagine if we were put face-to-face, would it be the same? I'm sure it would be natural to talk and stuff, but would it be the same?

Not all bloggers are shy. Im sure of that because I know a number of them and they definitely are not shy. However, I can say that the majority of bloggers are generally shy. Blogging is like paradise for shy people (especially if you are anonymous). Thank you Blogger.com


Finally I leave you with this quote that I read on Snookie's blog: "You act differently when you're alone; that's when you're in your truest state."

14 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Peach said...

here here .. I agree, sometimes I can be painfully shy.. and some other times I make ppl shy lol .. and u can tell by my blog .. I only post once in a while on and off .. I even comment on and off ..

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

I don't know how common is it cos I knew few who blog and they are not shy at all!!
But I admit that I am shy somehow and think a lot of what to say when I know I am gonna meet new people or give a presentation and I feel more comfortable communicating with people using email or chatting rather than phone and this is quite annoying specially at work and it was taken against me in my first evaluation. But things are getting better and I am becoming less shy with time :D

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger AyyA said...

I used to be a shy person, but my professional life (teaching and presentations; a lot of times for VIP’s) has forced me to overcome my shyness. Now I’m just me, whether behind the screen or in life. But one thing though; although I can be very sociable, I prefer my solitude. And if I face you one day, you will be surprised how little I talk, not because I’m shy, but because this is the way I am.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

wanasa ismee 6ala3! You think I'm cool? Wow! I never thought of myself as cool...THANK YOU :)

anyways, with me what you see is what you get...I'm a very open person o ily 3ala galbi 3ala ilsani...I don't think I'm shy in person...I'm very social and I have no problem saying things to people in person...But...there is always a but...hahahaha…I don't think I could be my total self without holding back in fear of hurting people...I have to agree with shrink on this one the fact there is anonymity help us be more ourselves without holding back!
Some of us are good in concealing our identity in the blog-o-sphere than others...but personally I don't really care if people know who I am or what I stand for because I’m happy with my self al7emdallah and that took me years to like the person I am today :)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Zaydoun said...

I'm not a shy person at all.. BUT I get totally embarrassed when someone comes up and says they read my blog!!

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger مبتدئ said...

Hala ib my fellow bloggers oo bloggarat

Peach

Yes you do post from time to time.. Ive noticed..
Thanks for passing by

Shrink
Yes, it is mainly the anonymity
Well put.

Vintage
Its nice to be semi-anonymous.. same with me here..
I just wish that people who think they know who I am no to tell me..
Its just more fun

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger مبتدئ said...

Hopeless
Most poets are shy.. especially hopeless poets.. so no worries

AyyA
u said:
"And if I face you one day, you will be surprised how little I talk, not because I’m shy, but because this is the way I am."

I suggest we both bring our laptops just incase


JellyBelly
sheftai .. qased-ha tara ..3ashan u comment :p .. 7adch cool ehe

u said:
"took me years to like the person I am today :)"

I like this sentence


Zaydoun

3ayal I wont tell you that I read your blog. . Im pretty sure we might meet one day

Tattas
U pic says everything.. :) :)

Thank you blogger.com for this opportunity

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Zaydoun said...

I don't mind when a fellow blogger says it, provided he/she tell me who they are in blogworld

But I turn red with embarrassment when - for example - a friend of my mother tells me she reads it!!!!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger مبتدئ said...

Vintage-

offcourse publish .. its a good opportunity.. akeed your real name..

Laish mista7ya min your name?
Publish and be proud.

As to whether u should tell ur fellow bloggers .. its your decision.. at least tell me what magazine :p


Bin Kerishan,
Yes you have an obvious reason..

by the way, I saw the video of the young Egyptian girl..disgusting

Zaydoun-
I wont tell my mom then .. ;)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

I second Shrink and Tattas :)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jewaira said...

Further to Shrink's comment, blogging gives you a chance to communicate with people you may never meet in real life even though they live in the same country.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger مبتدئ said...

Shrink Makla il Jaw

Flamingoliya
Jewaira

u didnt tell me.. are u shy people ?

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

yes i'm shy, but not extremely shy.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jewaira said...

No am not shy but I can be very quiet if there are people around that I would rather not interact with.

I used to be shy & extremely sensitive.

Now I am just the latter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home